The Schedule for the Summer Institute
This year’s Summer Institute on Sexuality focuses on Sexuality, Activism, and Social Justice, and we have an incredible line-up of speakers. Check it out!
It includes amazing sessions:
- Neighborhoods and HIV in San Francisco: a case study of interdisciplinary mixed methods research on place and health
- Sexual Health among LGBT Communities in Lebanon: How HIV Prevention Programs Impact the Movement of “Key Populations”
- Beyond Death: Race, Sexuality, and Black Gay activism n Early Era of AIDS
- Public Distraction & LGBTQ Movement Conflict in the Bathroom Bills Era
- Witches in the Street, Monsters in the Sheets
- LGBTQ Social Justice Advocacy in Conservative Times: How to Move Institutions that Don’t Want to Be Moved
- What Does Asexuality Teach Us about Social Justice?
- Global Queers: Biopolitics, Queer Epistemologies, and Social Change
- … and more!
And phenomenal speakers, such as:
- Alexis Martinez
- Colleen Hoff
- Cynthia El Khoury
- Darius Bost
- Javon Johnson
- Jen Reck
- Sarolta Cump
- Aaron Belkin
- Andre Shakti
- Ianna Owen
- Jennifer Glick
- Julia Serano
- KJ Cerankowski
- Maya Sen
- Nikki Darling
- Richard Sprott
- Viktor Belmont
- Nico Orlandi
Writer, scholar, and activist Julia Serano will be delivering a special keynote on Friday, June 2 titled Sexuality, Sexualization, and Self-Examining Desire. Can’t make it to the rest of the Institute? Don’t worry, you can still come to the keynote! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange it.